Benefits of Festool Planers.
* Depth controls are integrated into the handle, for easy adjustment on the fly.
* Single blade planer head design for rapid blade changes.
* Smooth cut performance reduces sanding time.
* Single knife cutterhead produces less noise, reducing user fatigue.
* Unlimited rabbeting feature does not leave a lip.
* High dust extraction efficiency for less clean-up time and greater work efficiency.
* Versatile – create smooth or rustic effects.
* Safer – the side guard swings up as the rabbet depth increases.
* Convert into a bench-mounted planer, with optional bench unit.
Planing Without Limits.
Conventional planers run up against obstacles during practical use because of design limitations such as limited rabbet depth and heavy tool weight. Festool has overcome these obstacles by introducing solutions that guarantee effortless operation, greater versatility and improved finished results.
The HL 850 planer is equipped with a single spiral blade cutterhead. Because the blade is drawn across the workpiece at an angle, it cuts cleaner, producing less noise and a smooth surface. And there’s no limit to the depth of rabbeting, or your ability to plane up to an edge, thanks to the planer head’s ability to cut flush to one side.
When you need precise material removal, choose the HL 850.
This planer is capable of leaving a smooth surface while removing a full 9/64" of material from hard maple in a single pass. Use the optional bench unit with the planer for working with smaller pieces. By freeing up both hands, the workpiece is easier to control. A spiral blade makes chatter-free cuts that are ready to glue or finish without the need to sand, and blade changes are simple, given that there is only one self-aligning blade.
The special design of the cutterhead allows it to cut flush with the side of the tool, allowing you to make unlimited rabbet cuts on wood edges, and the built-in groove on the base plate simplifies chamfer cuts. Multiple cutting heads are available for creating different rustic effects, and as with most Festool tools, dust extraction ports are incorporated to make cleanup fast and easy.